Recent Shows & Activities:
- Public Choice Award Winner in the Diversia: Food – 2021 exhibition •“Cabbage“• December 2021
- Ryerson Artspace, Bread & Butter Exhibition •“Resilience, Pikes Arm, Newfoundland“• November 2019
- Residency •Wild Residencies, Newfoundland •August 2019
A one-month residency, located near Twillingate Newfoundland, explored: travel photography and travel books / journals; how “artifacts” reflect a culture, economics and history; the connection between our lifestyle and the natural environment.
- Residency•Galerie Huit, Arles, France •April/May 2019
A one-month residency, located in Arles France, explored: the representation of our past and its influence in today’s culture; the marketing of the past for the purposes of tourism; the compromises made to realize economic value / returns.
- Ryerson Artspace, Bread & Butter Exhibition •“Zhangjiajie Mountains, China #1” & “Zhangjiajie Mountains, China #2”•November 2018
Two works were accepted as part of a multi-artist show.
- RUBIX: Showcasing Scholarly Research & Creative Innovation, from the Faculty of Communications and Design at Ryerson University • September 2018
Here I presented the research context for my work, Denk Ich an Sonneberg and a new [at the time] work “The Park”
- DocNow Festival •Denk Ich an Sonneberg • June 2018
A multi-media installation shown at Ryerson Artspace exploring the long-term impact of migration.
- Legacies 150 Celebration •”A Good Business; A Good Life” • June 2017
A short film about a Toronto Taxi driver’s migration to Canada. Presented at the opening of the Legacies 150 Exhibition co-presented with the NFB at Harbour Front Centre, both celebrating the 150th anniversary of Canada. Prepared in association with Beck Taxi, Harbourfront Centre, Canada 150, Ryerson University and the School of Image Arts.
- Contact Photography Festival •Oh Canada • May 2017
A series of photomontages representing Canada’s ethnic and cultural diversity in celebration of the country’s 150 anniversary, using the national anthem as a conceptual framework, the work presents a series of images that correspond to passages is the song “Oh Canada.”
- Open Doors Morocco • October 2015
- Interview This Week in Photo Your Itinerary 29: Toronto Travel Tips with Bill Hertha and here• May 2015
- LensWork: Readers’ PDF Gallery: Ice Storm
Photo and Video Essays are listed in the Documentaries section
eBooks are listed in the Publications section
- Things I’m currently working on are listed in the Work In Progress section
- Food Photography (2021)
A commission from Rainbow Plate to photograph fruit and vegetables.
- Humanitarian Work:
Over the past several years I have volunteered as an event photographer for Habitat for Humanity, Toronto Region, including corporate events, builds and dedication ceremonies.
- Product Photography
A commission to photograph jewellery, handbags and stuffed animals