Yesterday I left what amounted to about 10 cms or more of snow  for Las Vegas to attend the Gartner Conference. The flight departure was delayed about an hour as a result of the weather: the plane needed to be de-iced.
One cannot really complain about spending time to de-ice a plane. It is for safety. In the process the airecraft is covered in a green slim, which remains until the craft is airborn and then is blown off.
The delay forced a change in plans, a fall back to plan B. It is fortunate that I'm an architect as that vocation encourages developing alternative plans. It really only becomes a problem when one runs out of letters of the alphabet.
Plan A was to try and get in a game of golf. I've had a hankering to play desert golf, but with the flight delay I did not get settled in until about 1:30 which was just too late. Plan B was to visit Red Rock Canyon. It was a quick visit, as the sun sets just before 5:00 PM but I did get a few photographs.